Happy (belated) Palm Sunday!
“On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.” (John 12:12-13)
We apologise for the delay with this video, and we’ll be back to a full service this coming Sunday. In the meantime, it’s our hope that this message will bless and encourage you as we prepare our hearts for Easter.
As mentioned in the video, here’s a tutorial for how to get the Bible app on your phone.
There are many different digital Bible applications available, but we’ll talk about how you can download one of the most common, called YouVersion/The Bible App.
- Open your phone’s app store and search for “The Bible App” or “YouVersion.” Download and install it.
- Open the app and create an account to save passage highlights, notes, access and save devotionals, make verse images and prayer lists, and, if you want, add contacts as friends on the app.
- To look up a passage, tap on “Read” at the bottom of the screen. Then choose a book, chapter, and verse.
- If you’re not sure which verse you need, just choose verse 1.
- If you’re not sure of the reference of the verse you need use “Search” at the bottom right.
- Choose your version from the menu at the top. You can download versions so that you can use them even if you aren’t connected to WiFi.
If you need more help or want to set up some of the other features of the app, send an email and Emily will help you. For a good online Bible, try Bible Gateway, or Bible Study Tools.
Thank you, Dave, for lending us equipment for our filming!